For most of us, our makeup varies from season to season and based on what our skin needs. I have a very lengthy full coverage makeup routine, that honestly some days I’m just not in the mood to do or I don’t have time for. I’ve been trying out new products like crazy trying to find ones that not only were affordable and worked well, but also covered my acne. Most of these I haven’t reviewed yet because they’re still fairly new but I plan to do detailed reviews on all of them once I’ve tried them out for a bit longer. As of right now, I’m loving everything I’m going to tell you about and this has been my daily makeup for the summer heat.
Liquid and Cream Products
- e.l.f. Daily Hydration Moisturizer with SPF 15 for $8.00. I was in need of a daily moisturizer and I also wanted it to have SPF so I was very happy when I came across this one from e.l.f. I love the way this feels on my skin. It hasn’t made me break out or caused any redness. It leaves my skin moisturized without being too thick. Since it does have SPF, however, be careful to not get it in your eyes. It will burn them, I know from experience. e.l.f. also offers this moisturizer without SPF.
- NYX HD Concealer for $5.00. My concealer is in the lightest shade, Alabaster. It is honestly one of the best concealers I’ve ever tried and is a perfect shade match for my skin. My only complaint is that there isn’t much product in the tube. Besides that, this is perfect for covering up my dark circles and acne.
- e.l.f. BB Cream with SPF 20 for $6.00. My BB Cream is in the lightest shade, Fair. I had never tried a BB Cream before this one and I am in love with it. The coverage is wonderful for this to not be a full coverage foundation. You can still see some of my redness and acne through it but it leaves just a beautiful, glowy finish on my skin. I don’t even have to wear a primer with this because it doesn’t sink into my pores or fine lines. It does have a SPF of 20 in it, so like the moisturizer, it can burn your eyes or any sensitive areas on the skin.
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray for $5.00. The only other setting spray I’ve tried was one from Hard Candy that was absolutely awful. Since then I just haven’t used one. After hearing good reviews about Wet n Wild’s setting spray I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. This sprays out in a fine mist so you’re not just getting squirted with a stream. It has a nice smell and I believe it has really helped with the staying power of my makeup, which is necessary when it is so hot outside.
- NYX Turnt Up! Lipstick for $6.00 (this is the sale price for a three pack right now, regular price is $6.50 a piece). NYX has quite a few of their Turnt Up! Lipsticks on sale so I decided to give them a try. These lipsticks have quickly became some of my favorites that I own. The one pictured is in the shade Flutter Kiss and it’s just a gorgeous, natural color on me. If you’re interested I would check these out while they’re on sale for so cheap.
- e.l.f. Tone Correcting Powder for $4.00. I’m not really into color correcting products because they’ve never really worked for me; so I didn’t have much hope for e.l.f.’s Tone Correcting Powder in Cool but I was happily surprised. This powder sits beautifully on my skin and really seems to help blur imperfections. This is particularly useful when I’m wearing the BB Cream instead of an average foundation because more of my skin imperfections can be seen through the BB Cream.
- e.l.f. HD Undereye Setting Powder for $3.00. After applying my BB Cream and then concealer I just use a small, fluffy brush and pat this over my undereye area. It helps to brighten my dark circles and smooth out the bags, that I always have, under my eyes.
- e.l.f. Baked Highlighter for $4.00. I have reviewed this gorgeous highlighter before so I linked to my review of it. Mine is in the shade Moonlight Pearls and it just leaves a pretty, subtle glow.
- e.l.f. Studio Line Blush for $3.00. I have reviewed this blush in the color Candid Coral before so I linked to my review of it. This is a beautiful, orange-toned peachy blush with very little shimmer.
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer for $7.00 (it is more expensive online, I pay around $5.00 for this at Wal-Mart). I’ve reviewed this primer before but it is still my favorite. It does a great job of holding onto my eyeshadow even when I’m sweating in the heat.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single for $1.00. As you can see in the picture, I’ve hit pan with this simple eyeshadow. I’ve went through so many of these because I just love the color. This is a matte shade called Brulee and it’s basically the same color as my skin so it’s perfect for a no makeup-makeup look or paired with other shadows.
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trio for $3.00. I’ve reviewed this trio, Walking on Eggshells, before and it’s still my favorite. I use the shimmery pink shade all the time, especially paired with Brulee.
- e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara for $3.00. This has been my go-to mascara for months. It’s not clumpy and just makes my lashes look beautiful. However, recently e.l.f. released a new formula of this and I haven’t tried it yet. Hopefully. it’ll still be as good.
Before & After
You can see how terrible my skin looks/looked in the first picture. The next two are not flawless but they are good enough for me to feel comfortable. This makeup is so quick and light which makes it just perfect for summer or if you’re in a hurry. Let me know what your makeup routine looks like when it’s hot outside! Thank you for reading and have a great day!